Throughcare provides support for young people (15-21 years of age) who are moving on from being looked after to live independently.
We offer practical and emotional support and we can help with:
- Finding college courses, training placements or work opportunities
- Getting benefits, care leaver payments, college bursaries or grants
- Finding and keeping accommodation
- Getting support from health services e.g. dentists and nurses
- Your rights and legal issues
- Staying in contact with family and friends
- Hobbies and interests
- Any worries or problems
The Pathways Plan identifies the support a young person needs to live independently. It includes things like where to live, education or training, health and lifestyle, family and friends, jobs and money.
Barnardo’s Hear 4U Advocacy Service North Ayrshire is a voluntary organisation working with care experienced young people and care leavers.