Arran locality facts
- Higher life expectancy (compared to the rest of North Ayrshire)
- Higher frail elderly population who have more than one health condition
- Relatively low levels of deprivation and unemployment
- High educational attainment for local pupils
- Lower levels of crime
Arran has a wide range of on-island services, however, the largely rural community has poor transport options and has a higher proportion of older people needing support.
Arran Health and Social Care Locality Planning Forum has identified the following priorities:
- Develop transport solutions that help local people in accessing support
- Reduce social isolation
- Improve support to those with complex care needs
What Matters to You? 2017
On June 6 2017, we asked approx 2500 local people, ‘What matters to you about health and social care in North Ayrshire?’ We used this feedback to inform health and social care plans for local services.